Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year to All Blog Readers

.
At this time of the year I normally sit down and try and look through the past events and try to write a summary, mainly to get my own ideas into shape. I've not been able to find time to do that (nor do a couple of posts I was planning - UK's plague of scrap metal thefts, answering Raimund Karl, the fact that once again I was not invited to the PAS Christmas party and a couple of other things) this year, though they were on my 'to do' list for today.

New Year's Eve festivities beckon, so it remains for me to wish anyone looking in today a very Happy New Year, and I'll see what I can get on bloggy-virtual-paper tomorrow.

Vignette: (Urban) Poland goes firework-crazy on New Year's Eve, the explosions start about eleven in the morning (sporadic) and reach a crescendo at just before midnight and about an hour or so into the morning of Jan 1st. It drives one of my cats crazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

Happy New Year! Thank you for all your important postings, keeping the eyes open and ask questions, and for writing for all of us about what is going on in cultural heritage issues around the world now on almost daily basis. Wishing you and all of us a very peaceful 2012!

Avatar

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Paul-- thanks for all the good work.

Have you seen this ?


http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/01/china-tomb-raiders-destroy-relics

1. The scale of the destruction in China

2. The good, accurate reporting in the Guardian, especially as the point is framed: looting, loss of information, and antiquities trade feeding this.

Paul Barford said...

Thanks "40", I did do something about this back in 2010 as I recall, but it does no harm to revisit it at a time when the ACCG are opposing import controls on items specifically from China.

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.