Wednesday 16 February 2022

Shropshire Detecting on Pasture: Is this "Citizen Archaeology"?



Ring Pull Paul Metal Detecting (450 subscribers) new video Feb 15, 2022:
Back On the Gold Field for a 5 day session to see what other treasures are waiting to be discovered. After finding the 1675 mourning Ring I decided to book a week off work and give it a real good going over. On day 3 I found a William III Half Crown silver coin plus lots of old penny's and artifacts. Follow me on my journey with my minelab equinox 800 and see what I find metal detecting uk 2022.
Nort exactly rivetting stuff, but note pasture, but above all the features that determine where material is coming from and where not. Secondhand records of finsdspots of even all finds from this search area would not give any kind of picture of the archaeology of the site. Still less if there is only selective recording of the haul.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.