Monday 29 July 2019

"Worried I might lose My Gold Coins Before I can Sell Them On"


Over on the lootier Facebook, one 'Henry Francois' seems confused about the proposed tweaking of the treasure Act, for some reason, he asks about recording of finds 'worth over a certain amount found after 1979'. A fellow member (Paula Pennington) assures him
No one knows yet, if they bring in the rules Gold coins from 43AD onwards may have to be recorded if you want to sell them on. I should imagine that would be a headache for them to impose though
Ah so that's OK, they cant touch yer for it then. But Henry Francois is still worried:
oh I see I’m recording my gold Roman now thought it would give it more providence (sic). Worries I might lose it
and Paula again reassures him
No you will be fine, new rules aren't in yet so wont apply.
The detectorists' own expert on criminal law and NCMD rep John Maloney reckons:
Legislation can not be applied retrospectively. If you have evidence it was in your possession when the law changed then all is well.
And what evidence would that be, if not a signed finds release protocol for that object from the landowner. In other words, precisely the sort of documentation that most metal detectorists do not bother to get to prove title.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.