Tuesday 13 April 2010

Thread: "[Ancientartifacts] theft by Mr Barford"

I am informed that having blocked me from answering, the list owner of Yahoo's Ancient Artifacts discussion list is now hosting a thread apparently containing accusations about me being involved in artefact theft (sic) behind my back. I am sure there is some explanation for this outrageous accusation. I would like to hear it Mr Haines. You had better be sure of your facts.

Vignette: poison, pure poison. What a long way we have come from collecting being the pursuit of gentlemen.

UPDATE: Needless to say Haines did not respond to my email inviting him to come out from behind the closed doors of his "antiquities" forum and actually say here what was on his mind. Quelle surprise.
.

3 comments:

Damien Huffer said...

You've got to be kidding me! They really think they'll get away with that?!

Paul Barford said...

I cannot for the life of me think why they would, but then there is a history on that Yahoo site of people coming out with outrageous accusations and the list moderator allowing them and then allowing the accuser to avoid answering for what he said:
http://paul-barford.blogspot.com/2010/04/other-question-acg-would-not-answer.html

Paul Barford said...

To the person who just now sent a comment from a totally new and pseudonymous Google account...

Firstly I am not interested in a third party trying to make excuses for the accuser, I want Mr Haines' words here. If he has information to back up this accusation, let us hear it in public. If he cannot back it up, then let us also hear so in public.

A potentially damaging accusation has been made on an Internet forum, let us get to the bottom of it.

Secondly if you wished to discuss any matter with me, you should have taken the opportunity while I was a member of his discussion group, shouldn't you?

Mr Haines I am waiting, what exactly are you using your Yahoo group to tell your members about me behind my back, and what proof do you have that it is true?

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.