Wednesday 7 October 2015

PAS-driven archaeology?


Trinkets and Treasures no
substitute for archaeology
Rachel Pope reviews the first episode of BBC 2 series 'The Celts: Blood, Iron and Sacrifice', hosted by Alice Roberts and Neil Oliver.
BBC Two screened the first episode of The Celts: Blood, Iron and Sacrifice, hosted by Alice Roberts and Neil Oliver. - See more at: http://www.historytoday.com/rachel-pope/celts-blood-iron-and-sacrifice#sthash.ndVp0bDS.dpuf
I’m left with the profound sense that archaeology is still only really being used to illustrate the history. [...] This isn’t archaeology for me. It’s history with trinkets.
I’m left with the profound sense that archaeology is still only really being used to illustrate the history. So, because I began my archaeological career after 1989, I’m disappointed. This isn’t archaeology for me. It’s history with trinkets. - See more at: http://www.historytoday.com/rachel-pope/celts-blood-iron-and-sacrifice#sthash.ndVp0bDS.dpuf

2 comments:

Brian Curtiss said...

Hi Paul,

This is not on topic but I wasn't sure how else to send you this link. I just wanted to pass on a post that makes for well, some kind of reading... I'll let you decide the various talking points that jump out of this posting. The irony of the last graphic at the end writes it's own blog headline. https://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/knock-knock-whos-there/

Paul Barford said...

No, it is not at all on topic.

Mr Stout has little to write about except his aches and pains and to fill space in his vacant life thinks it is acceptable to publish foul-mouthed and libellous comments about "Warsaw Wally". We may safely leave him and his vulgar, bellicose and ignorant sidekick to fester in their own bitterness and self-pity.

There is nothing particularly original in this 'how to get permissions' text.

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.