Thursday 31 December 2020

Huge Interest in Responsible Artefact Hunting Blog

 

A while ago I decided to put together a resource of the things the PAS was not telling artefact hunters and collectors about "Responsible Artefact Hunting". It took several weeks work for one guy to do (the PAS employs 50 people) and I put it up this summer. I sent an email to every PAS staff member notifying them that it was up and I'd appreciate their comments. Two replied. One said he could not cope with the blog format in which it was set up and that if I sent the whole lot as a text, he'd willingly comment... a second (not a FLO) said she also was having problems accessing it, but would like to make some comments. So those two got the whole lot as a single file (which took me just under a day to make). One other FLO sent a message rudely informing me that she wants no contact or communication from me...  The rest did not reply, and I have had zero comments from anyone. None of the readers left any comments.* And there matters stand. Here's the blog: https://archaeologywassat.blogspot.com/

On 31st December 2020, the statcounter tells me that this blog has not exactly attracted much attention in the archaeological or artefact hunting world: All time 1739 page views, Today 0, Yesterday 1, This month 60, Last month 131. 

I think this rather illustrates several points that I have been making all along:

1) what is called "responsible detecting [artefact hunting]" falls far short of what actually CAN be legitimately called that,
2) The term is just a meaningless facade (to justify inaction),
3) Everybody knows that,
 

 * There was one "Tease me until I’m begging for it Click here and Check me out i am getting naked here ;)" but I did not click as I find most metal detectorists in the nude tend to be pretty repulsive.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.