Saturday 12 March 2022

A 2015 Cut and Paste on the Leutwitz Apollo

 

David Gill has alerted me to the fact that an independent US (?) scholar somewhere out there in gmail-land reckons he can explain my thinking better than I can:

Collation of Provenance Research and Scientific Reports about the Cleveland Apollo Sauroktonos (Academia edu)
Thomas Burchell

The information contained herein has been collected and put in a coherent order from the online postings of Paul Bradford, editor of the blog Portable Antiquity Collection and Heritage Issues.

Apart from the introduction and minor cosmetic edits none of the text below is mine. Unless otherwise cited Paul Bradford is the sole author. I organized this document because I found that using the information as it is laid out on the blog is cumbersome and difficult to follow. [...]
Hmmm. Almost as difficult for him as copying out my name properly.

First of all, I am the author here, not any "editor". It's also nice to see that a homegrown cut-and-paste sleuth thinks my "hypothesis" is "very reliable" because I can use the literature (!) and also David Gill from time to time quotes me. Passing over his rather pointless comment on Michel van Rijn, I'll add that Thomas Burchell has decided to strip out all the inline references (hyperlinks) which means that he is presenting somebody else's ideas in a different form than the original - stripped of the apparatus that allows the reader to check the source of my statements. Not only that, but he gives no link to where each individual lifted text can be found. I rather wonder what the point is.  
Hat tip David Gill

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.