Monday 3 January 2011

Blogging Lighter until March

.
Readership figures have been picking up recently, both of new posts and a lot of old ones. In the next few weeks however blogging will be lighter as I have a piece of work to get to a publisher before I go to Egypt this year at the beginning of February (Caroline, if you are reading this, just the finishing touches now, honest!). If all goes according to plan I will be working in Deir El-Bahari in the forecourt of the Temple of Hatshepsut at the end of the avenue of sphinxes and also on the upper terrace over the Chapel of Anubis. Any readers who are then in the area please drop by and say 'hello' (I'll be the harassed looking one with the gammy leg in the silly hat). I've been promised a visit to a local fake-antiquity-maker by a local contact and hope, time permitting, to get out into some of the remoter desert valleys to the south. I have had to promise the project director that I will NOT this year pick up any stray cats with mysterious diseases. I'll be back mid-March, hopefully this time with the report of the season's work already written...

2 comments:

Damien Huffer said...

Excellent! What's the target/goal for this excavation season? Or, will it just be survey? Anyone from Arizona State University involved by chance?

Paul Barford said...

The excavation is the Polish-Egyptian mission, so there's no foreigners. As for what we are doing, all will be revealed later.

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.