Thursday 28 May 2020

Artefacts from Northern Africa


There has been massive militant Islamist activity in Africa over the last few years. See the article by Jacob Zenn, 'I SIS in Africa: The Caliphate’s Next Frontier' Centre for Global Policy May 26, 2020.

One of the most prevalent prehistoric antiquities sold online on eBay are lithics and other objects (ancient beads in particular) removed from sites in the Sahara Desert and surrounding regions. I've got an article about this coming out in the next couple of months or so. Most of them are being sold by dealers in the USA and UK. Absolutely none of them offers any kind of paperwork showing legal procurement or the manner by which they were exported. Although the majority of the sellers do not  state where the items they are selling come from, we can determine that quite a lot of them are coming from the regions shown on this map.

The photomontage below shows only a small part of the stock of just one British dealer.
I have personally handled over 50,000 of these Neolithic arrowheads or 'flints' during my collecting over the last 20 years. All of my items are authentic, I do not sell fakes or reproductions, this is as important to me as it is to you. If any of my sales are ever proven to be anything other than stated and genuine I will refund in full.
Several sources talk of the stripping of entire sites over entire regions of the Sahara by artefact hunting precisely over that past 20-30 years.





No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.