Thursday 25 October 2012

Samantha Sutton and the Labyrinth of Lies

.

Samantha Sutton and the Labyrinth of Lies ISBN-13: 978-1402275609
by Jordan Jacobs

"Indiana Jones Meets Harriet the Spy in this action-packed adventure series. Twelve-year-old Samantha Sutton joins her uncle on his archaeological project at the ancient site of Cerro Sechin in Mexico. But when excavated areas, artifacts, and equipment are destroyed, it is up to Samantha to try and solve the mystery of who is responsible. Is it the Legend of Loco seeking revenge? Are locals looting the site? Or maybe one of Uncle Jay's jealous students? Filled with exotic atmosphere and an array of sharply drawn characters, this is an Agatha Christie mystery for tweens".
When I first heard of an archaeologist setting out to write a book for youngsters with a moral and mentioning the antiquities trade, I thought uh-oh... but I found the teaser extract a pleasant surprise, I wish the author (Berkeley, California) success. I have not read the book (yet) but am really hoping that the "labyrinth of lies" of the title refers in part to the antiquities trade. That would be a really good thing to get over to young people reading this book.

 I understand there will be at least one more book in the series on a subject even closer to my heart, I look forward to seeing that too.

UPDATE 6th Nov 2012:
Nice review here 

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.