Wednesday 16 October 2013

Focus on UK Metal Detecting: Right to Reply



Since they see it fit to publish posts about me, I assume that it is only fair that they allow me to see those posts and to reply should any of them require clarification:


From "JammyJohnny": Welcome to British Metal Detecting forums  g. 7:59 AM
Dear "Warsaw Wally", your account has been created. However, this board requires account activation by the administrator group. An e-mail has been sent to them and you will be informed when your account has been activated.
Waiting. I am sure the delay will be short, as I am sure the BRITISH metal detecting forum will have fairness as one of its core values... no?

UPDATE 24th October 2013.
It seems anyone who was placing any trust in the old stereotype that the Englishman always plays fair  would be sadly mistaken. Not only do these "gentlemen" deny me the right of reply to personal attacks they have published on their forum, but the administrators ("Jammy Johnny"?) have not even done me the common courtesy of a reply informing me of their decision. Not only was I not informed "when" my account "has been activated", I was not informed that it will not be and why. Obviously Jammy Johnny feels that there is too much to hide on his forum to let somebody like me on it in case I might see what they are up to there.

There are those among my colleagues who consider metal detectorists to be the salt of the earth (or words to that effect). My own long-term experience of the "ambassadors of the hobby" whom I have met in the course of my deeper explorations of their micro-world inclines me to a totally different assessment.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.