Saturday 31 August 2013

Focus on UK Metal Detecting: More on Vexatious Closure of Damaging Rally


More on the scuppering of the damaging two-day rally which I discussed earlier on today. On a metal detecting forum near you, Handyman [Alan] (Moderate Superhero Member Reply #15: Today at 05:26:19 PM) remarks - using an atypically 'big word' which is probably the most many of them have learnt from fifteen million pounds outreach from the PAS:
Well Val, that didn't take long. The vexatious blogger [and his uk based poodle], made his regular pilgrimage to the site and yet again manages to use, abuse and twist the sentiment of the writing to suit his own personal agenda. Vexatious blogger indeed.
Now, I give a link to the original text and its context in the thread, anyone can check for themselves (until the tekkies hide the thread or delete the posts) whether what I said they said has "abused the sentiment", or "twisted the sentiment" of what was said to suit my "own personal agenda". I quote what was said, I say what I think of what was said.

"Handyman", its what we call comment and expressing an opinion, or debate. Metal detectorists (and the PAS) may find it "vexatious" that not everybody is a passively silent PAS yes-man when it comes to artefact hunting and collecting. I think artefact hunting are damaging. I think, after many years close observation, that a lot of you who are doing it are not at all what you make yourselves out to be (and what BM/PAS press releases depict you all to be). I'll be damned if I'll sit by and not try to do anything about it, like most of my jobsworth (British) colleagues.

Contributor "Relichunting" (Senior Member - Reply #17 on: Today at 07:01:57 PM) remarks [punctuation added]:
I take it this rally has been cancelled because of outside interference. I did start a thread after the Acorn rally was cancelled warning everyone that this is going to start happening more often. Think the thread only had around 6 people commenting on the subject. I think rallies advertised on metal detector forums should only be able to be viewed by members of the forum Otherwise its going to keep happening over and over again.
See? It's not me "twisting" anything, these people really do want to keep the planned location of damaging commercial rallies a secret from public opinion. Going behind the back of the stakeholders. Nice. Something else is bothering "Superhero Member" DEADLOCK (Reply #18: Today at 08:05:40 PM):
How would the said blogger even know which farm it was in Somerset lots of farms. Odds of getting the right one must million to one. Surely.
Surely, somebody knew where that rally was taking place.

Vignette: Daniella Pettite of the PAS teaches the looters a new word.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.