Wednesday 17 October 2018

The Ball is in the Archaeologists' Court



In relation to another post on this PACHI blog, Nigel Swift has drawn my attention to a revealing and still all-too-relevant text on Heritage Action's blog: 'Mr Lincoln’s two opposite views of metal detecting (Heritage Journal 24/10/2015). I was re-reading that and then came to one of my own comments below it, when I remarked three years ago:
The quiet is I think the lead up to the next change which should be “what should we do?”. The obvious answer is change the law and change public attitudes to the pilfering of the archaeological record for private entertainment and profit. Have Britain’s archaeologists got the guts for it?
Well RESCUE have, what about the rest of them? The CBA for example

Vignette: balls in their court

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.