Thursday 25 September 2014

Last Night, From an FLO


It is unclear why the message is doubled, perhaps the author thinks writing the same thing twice will help readers understand the message:
Thankyou (sic) for your email. Due to a heavy workload my response to your message may be delayed. I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days. Best wishes, [....] Thankyou (sic) for your email. Due to a heavy workload my response to your message may be delayed. I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days. Best wishes,[...]
Now I got this late in the evening, the FLO is out of the office, but has set it up for a machine to announce that anyone who has written will have to wait up to five days even to get an acknowledgement of receipt (I have not yet received one). Suppose somebody has to contact the FLO urgently, they've spotted a Roman coin hoard washing out of a stream bank by the road, or they've spent the last ten days recovering scattered Anglo-Saxon gold items from a field (in five days time their 14 days are up)? I am quite sure the FLO is overworked, but there has to be a system to deal with this issue. Otherwise people are just not going to go to the FLO as a first port of call. Let us see how many days it takes for an answer to come from this public servant.

UPDATE 30:12:14
I never received a reply to my query from this public servant. Furthermore her employer a local authority funded museum, never learnt how poor a service she is offering to the enquiring public. 

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.